YMI Content Developer
Are you a wordsmith who enjoys helping other people craft their stories? Do you have an eye for sharp editing, compelling stories, and buzzworthy trends?
We are looking for a content developer who loves God and people, has experience and training in editing, and is passionate about using his/her skills to create biblical and relevant content for our target audience.
You will join a creative, cohesive, and cross-cultural team that is passionate about using social technology to convey the timeless and pertinent wisdom of the Bible to more than a million young adults all over Asia Pacific (especially Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, and Australia).
Our Asia-Pacific team is currently spread across five countries, namely, Singapore, the United Kingdom, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Australia. Despite our geographical distance, we’re a tight-knit and collaborative bunch, each committed to doing whatever it takes to support the vision and mission of the work.
YMI is the young adult arm of Our Daily Bread Ministries. We produce resources to help young adults ask the why and know their purpose.
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Christ-centered and ministry-focused
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Teachable, and willing and able to learn quickly
- Handle all editorial work (includes writing, editing, and proofreading) for YMI content, both digital and print for Asia Pacific, producing content that’s in line with YMI’s brand voice, house style and writing guidelines.
- Plan YMI’s content strategy for each calendar year, conceptualising new content initiatives, sourcing for inspiring faith-driven stories, and ensuring sufficient articles are scheduled back-end and published on a regular basis.
- Manage a group of writers and editors to curate and produce timely and relevant content for the website and social media platforms.
- Ensure God’s Word is faithfully and accurately represented in every content piece, working with ODB Asia Pacific’s Content Development team to ensure editorial and theological standards are met.
- Work closely with designers and digital marketing executive to adapt and tailor web content for different social media platforms, and create compelling headlines and copy that will capture the attention of our target audience.
- A love for God’s Word, reading, and storytelling
- Proficient in the English language—excellent at grammar and spelling
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented, with a good sense of what makes a story work
- Willing to keep up with trends and issues that interest young adults (18-35 years old)
- Comfortable talking with people and handling presentations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Takes initiative, and dependable with a high level of accountability
- Willing to work with technology (work entails web-based efforts)
- Able to multitask and manage numerous projects with different deadlines simultaneously
- Able to work with teammates from other countries and be an effective team player
Preferably a Bachelor’s Degree in the following fields:
- English Language/Literature
- Communication Studies
- Communications and New Media